GREAT SERVICE, GREAT PROJECTS
LOI provided geotechnical engineering services and construction materials testing services during the design and construction phases, respectively, of Pebble Hills High School Phase 3.
We being part of the design and construction oversight team for the University Medical Center expansion initiative. We have also provided geotechnical engineering design services for the Northwest Clinic and Far East Clinic, and UMC’s Ysleta Clinic expansion project.
The recently completed Dick Poe Toyota Expansion project was structurally designed based on the geotechnical engineering design recommendations developed. Has served as geotechnical engineer for a number of retail centers for River Oaks of El Paso, among others.
We have provided geotechnical engineering design services for two developments at the mixed commercial-residential Montecillo Development. We authored the geotechnical engineering reports for The View Apartments, TRE, and Santi Apartments for EPT Land Communities.
We provide professional engineering services, specializing in the field of geotechnical engineering. Some of the studies that we perform include:
• Foundation Studies
• Slope Stability
• Earth Retention System Design
• Roadway System Design
• Pavement System Design
• Soil Stabilization and Remediation
• Water Distribution & Wastewater Treatment Facilities
• Airfield Pavement Design
• Forensics Studies
• Roadway & Bridge Foundation Design
• Foundation Failure Analysis
We provide construction observation, construction quality control services, construction materials testing, and construction inspection services. These include:
• Earthwork Monitoring and Soil Compaction Testing
• Concrete Mix Design and Production Monitoring
• Physical and Mechanical Testing of Freshly Mixed and Hardened Concrete
• Pavement Management Programs
• Structural Steel and Welding Tests
• Precast Concrete Inspection
• Non-destructive Testing Programs
• Special Construction Inspection
We have field and laboratory technicians that have received training in concrete, asphalt and soils testing. We also provide concrete and asphalt coring, as well as floor flatness/levelness, and pavement straight-edge verification. Some of the tests that we regularly perform include the following:
• Atterberg limits
• Grain size distribution
• Organic matter content
• Natural moisture content
• Moisture-density relationship determination
• California Bearing Ratio (CBR)
• Unit weight
• Unconfined strength of fine grained soils
• Swell and shrinkage tests
• Permeability of fine grained soils
• Concrete, mortar and grout compressive strength
• Concrete flexural strength
• Hot-mix asphalt concrete (HMAC) Marshall Flow and Stability
• Oil content determination in HMAC
• Mix designs
LOI ENGINEERS successfully assembled the necessary technical acumen, documentation, manuals, calibrations, personnel training, and other elements necessary to receive its validation from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for concrete, asphalt and soils testing. This validation is due for renewal in 2020.
We own and operate a CME-75 truck mounted drilling rig, which enables us to meet even the most aggressive timelines. Our 4,400-sqaure foot USACE-validated testing facility has easy access to IH-10 and US Highway 54.